Brentwood: Apartment Fire Sends Man to Hospital

Sends Man to Hospital

BRENTWOOD — A Brentwood man suffered possible smoke inhalation and was hospitalized Tuesday night after a fire broke out at a two-story apartment complex, a fire official said.

Firefighters put out the small fire kitchen fire in the lower-floor unit, after responding to the Marsh Creek Apartments located at 7251 Brentwood Boulevard just after 10:15 p.m., Battalion Chief Jake Gonzalez of the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District said. Light smoke filled the unit, and the fire was smoldering,

The unit’s occupant left the unit before the fire crews arrived, and nobody else was inside the house, Gonzalez said.

Crews needed little time to put out the fire, then ventilated the building to rid it of the smoke. An ambulance took the man to Sutter Delta Hospital in Antioch.

The fire caused moderate damage to the stove top, kitchen sink counter top and cabinets. Fire officials did not release a financial estimate of the damages.

Check back for updates.

Contact Rick Hurd at 925-945-4789